Ashford's most popular and affordable spinning wheel is now better than ever.
The Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, veneered MDF wheel, three-speed whorl and a wooden threading hook!
• Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
• The drive wheel is made from veneered MDF, for affordable yet beautiful spinning experience.
• Ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
• 3-speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
• Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
• Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides and 10mm (⅜ in) orifice
• Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
• Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
• Includes 3 large 130gm (4-5ozs) capacity bobbins (code: SHFB)
• Built-in Lazy Kate
• Only 5.5kg (12lbs).
• Wheel diameter 45cm (17½ins)
• Robust construction. Quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
• Natural or lacquer finish
I’m new to spinning and have only spun on a spindle. I wanted to try a wheel and this one looked like a good starting point. While I have nothing to compare it to, it’s everything I wanted it to be. Instructions were a little confusing since I have never used or built a wheel before and didn’t know the names of the parts. But I was able to manage. The wheel itself is fairly straight forward to use and spins smoothly.
I tried various wheels, and this one was not only the cheapest, but also the smoothest and easiest to use by far! I love the huge bobbins, how it folds up, and how easy it is to treadle and spin on this wheel. I learned spinning from YouTube, you can do it!
As was looking for a low-priced spinning wheel to be used for plying very fine yarn, like sewing thread and other yarn of similar size. After a few trial and error, after watching some videos on the internet, I finally succeeded in plying my yarns. I have a huge quantity of sewing threads and very fine merino wool to work with in the future.